There are thousands of providers of Medicare in Colorado, so navigating the program’s benefits and requirements can be difficult. At Grace Point Senior Care Community, we want you to have all the information you and your loved ones need. Below are answers to the frequently asked questions regarding Medicare in Colorado. If you’d like more information about Medicare please contact us for more information. Contact Us.
Who’s eligible for Medicare?
- People 65 or older
- Certain people under 65 with disabilities
- People of any age with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
How does someone enroll in Medicare?
- Most people who are over the age of 65 and receiving Social Security benefits, will be automatically enrolled in Medicare.
- If they aren’t automatically enrolled, they can:
- Sign-up at a local Social Security Office
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE and speak with a Medicare Representative
What does Medicare Cover?
Below are some examples of what Medicare covers:
- Basic hearing care
- Basic vision care
- Dental care
- Home health care
- Hospice care
- Hospital inpatient care
- Hospital outpatient care
- Preventative care and services
What assisted living expenses are covered by Medicare?
Medicare does not cover long-term care. The closest thing Medicare pays for is short-term skilled care for up to 100 successive days of care if it is determined necessary by the doctor.
More Information about Medicare