The main difference between independent living, assisted living, and skilled care is the level of support and assistance each type of facility provides. Independent living facilities are designed for seniors who are still relatively independent and do not need much help with activities of daily living. Assisted living facilities provide a higher level of support and assistance, and skilled care facilities provide the highest level of care, including 24-hour nursing care.
Determining what level of care you or your family member needs can be difficult – however, our team is here to help you navigate this transition and we have resources like the Continuum of Care Quiz to help you decide which level is care is right for you or your loved one.
We recommend exploring our care service pages, taking our care quiz, and scheduling a free consult before choosing which is right for you. In the meantime, here are some key differences between our care services all in one place.
- Independent living residents don’t need help with their activities of daily living but have chosen to simplify their lives so they can focus on what’s most important to them and leave burdensome everyday tasks to the trusted staff.
- Residents are provided laundry and housekeeping services, creative and chef-prepared meals and snacks, cozy libraries with fireplaces, books, and puzzles, and beautifully landscaped grounds and patios.
- Independent living at Grace Pointe allows residents to maintain independence with private apartments, assuring them a strong sense of peace of mind through security features, nearby medical experts, and 24-hour emergency response systems.
- Grace Pointe offers a social atmosphere where residents can participate in group and individual activities and wellness classes, host their own gatherings in the common room and kitchen, meet with friends or family at the coffee bar & bistro or pamper themselves at the full-service salon and barbershop!
Learn more about Independent Living at Grace Pointe in Greeley, Colorado.
- Assisted living residents are still fairly independent, but may find it challenging to accomplish daily tasks, and may have mobility issues, special dietary needs, medication management concerns, or require help with bathing and dressing.
- As a full-service assisted living facility, Grace Pointe can provide medical transportation, assistance with medications, exercise and wellness programs, basic health status monitoring, assistance with toilet use and bathing, and nursing supervision or monitoring.
- Residents in assisted living may require some help with their daily tasks but don’t require extensive medical care.
- Seniors moving into assisted living at Grace Pointe do so for the security of knowing that we have 24-hour staffing, for the socialization that a community provides, and for oversight and assistance when and if it becomes necessary.
Learn more about Assisted Living at Grace Pointe in Greeley, Colorado.
- Skilled Nursing at Grace Pointe includes 24-hour monitoring for residents with extensive medical needs and assistance by nurses and CNAs trained to address the everyday needs of residents in an elegant, home-like setting.
- Grace Pointe’s Skilled Nursing neighborhood has private units, each with comfortable adjustable beds, European showers, elegant dining and living room, chef-prepared meals, and a nurse call system.
Learn more about Skilled Nursing at Grace Pointe in Greeley, Colorado.
We have neighborhoods for Independent Living, Assisted Living and Long Term Care – providing a comfortable home for you or your family member no matter the life stage. You can learn more about our Continuum of Care by clicking here!